Why do you need a microphone with noise cancellation?
Using a high-quality noise-canceling microphone is pretty much a must for today since we have so many video meetings and need to use our microphones for important reasons. If you want to sound professional at all – and you don’t want to keep repeating yourself during important meetings, you really need to get a microphone with noise cancellation.
Since we like to cover music gear and microphones, I thought it would be a great idea to cover the best microphones with noise cancellation so my readers know which mic to pick up if they need to get something with noise cancellation.
Noise-canceling microphones consist of two mics aligned to the speaker’s sound angle. One focuses on the main voice while the other one focuses on the background noise. They are built to pick up your voice and suppress the background noises. The circuits in the microphone regulate the sounds which are determined to be the noise and create an inverse wave to cancel out the background noise.
Noise-canceling microphones come in many forms and shapes. The most common type is those which are already attached to some kind of noise-canceling headphones or regular headphones.
Jabra BIZ 2300
The Jabra BIZ 2300 guarantees that your every conversation and experience with the person on the other end is crystal clear. It has a heavyweight performance in a lightweight design. Jabra BIZ 2300’s design makes it comfortable and easy to wear. Its high-quality noise cancellation suppresses all the unwanted background voices and makes it perfect for crowded, noisy, and open offices. The Jabra BIZ 2300 microphone is designed aerodynamically, it picks up respiratory noises if the mic is placed too close to the mouth. It is perfect for extensive use.
- It has a flexible mic boom and 360-degree rotation for optimum positioning.
- It has an adjustable headband that guarantees comfort for several hours.
- Wideband Audio – HD voice which ensures crystal clear conversation.
- It has a Kevlar-reinforced cable.
- It has a soft and washable ear cushion that keeps your headset comfortable and clean.
FIFINE K668 USB Microphone – Plug & Play Home Studio
This Plug-and-Play device is compatible with Windows, Mac, PS4, but it’s not compatible with XBOX. The smooth, flat, and wide frequency makes it great for singing, recording videos, or speeches. There’s no need for further software installation or external power. It comes with a tripod stand for hand-free usage and a mouthpiece cover. All you need to do is plug in the USB cord and you’re ready to rock and roll.
- Is very sensitive and the person on the end will be able to hear your voice with clarity even if you’re a foot away.
- A well-built mic is perfect for singing, speech, and any type of audio recording.
- Very affordable.
- Is very powerful sometimes and sometimes picks up noise very close to the microphone e.g., the sound of the laptop’s fan.
- It’s a great mic for gaming as the audio is loud and clear so there is no specific need for absolute silence in the background.
Plantronics Voyager 5200
The Plantronics Voyager 5200 is the best-known audio solution for optimum productivity. This microphone is perfect for conversations when you’re on the move. Even when you transition from an outdoor to an indoor environment, it delivers clear quality. It has a four-mic noise-canceling technology that eliminates all the background noises and delivers a much more professional and even tone. With this product, you can focus on the conversation rather than the noises in the background.
- Both headphones and the microphone have a noise-canceling function.
- Four Mic noise-canceling technology.
- Its Bluetooth range is 30 meters and you can move around without the need of carrying your mobile phone or laptop.
- It’s water, sweat, and humidity-resistant.
- It has an optional power dock that extends the line of the microphone/headset.
Sennheiser Presence Bluetooth Headset
Sennheiser Presence Bluetooth Headset is a premium headset for mobile unified conversation. It features consistent excellent sound and voice clarity when you’re outdoors or at the office. This corporate-looking headset comes in a hard sturdy case and opens up to a well-organized layout of the premium quality headset, a short micro-USB to USB cable, a Bluetooth dongle for your laptop, and different sized earbuds. It is perfect for business folks.
- Exceptionally long battery life – lasting up to 10 hours.
- It has a distraction-free audio experience.
- It’s not the cheapest option out there but the investment is worth it.
- The call quality is decent.
- It’s lightweight with a brilliant 30-meter range.
Aluratek Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Stereo Headphones with Boom Microphone
Aluratek Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headset with Noise Cancelling Boom Microphone blocks out unwanted noises in the background. It is the perfect fit for gaming, webinars, voice calling, recording, and video conferencing. This headset has advanced Bluetooth 5 technology which allows you to wirelessly stream audio up to 10m away from your paired Bluetooth device. It is compatible with smartphones, tablets, PC or Laptops.
- Adjustable boom microphone to perfect the level of your voice.
- Built-in rechargeable battery with 800 hours of standby time.
- The adjustable headband offers comfort for hours.
- It includes a Bluetooth transmitter to use with computers and laptops.
- It produces high-definition audio with enhanced bass and excellent clarity.
Fifine Metal Condenser USB Microphone
The Fifine Metal Condenser USB Microphone records much more professional sounding audio at a lower price. This microphone is a bit of an upgrade from Fifine Plug & Play. Its cardioid pick-up pattern, which only picks the audio in front of the microphone, makes it perfect for digital recording. It’s an ideal choice for chatting, gaming, voiceovers, podcasts, streaming broadcasts, and recording YouTube videos.
- It has excellent audio quality.
- Brilliant noise-cancellation performance.
- It is Highly Affordable.
- Its volume control feature on the mic helps you adjust the level of pick-up
- Its plug & plays feature makes it extremely convenient
Cyber Acoustics AC-5008 USB Headset
The Cyber Acoustics AC-5008 USB Headset has a built-in noise-canceling microphone which makes it another popular option. The AC-5008 has a noise reduction chip in the mic which removes noises before they even hit your computer. It is compatible with most computers. You can connect it via USB and you are ready to roll (but if you want it with a 3.5mm jack you can take a look at AC-5002).
- It has a decent sound for the price
- Highly comfortable because of its comfy ear pads.
- Adjustable headband for most head sizes. You can even adjust the microphone position.
- Great noise-canceling performance.
- It is very durable.
Logitech USB Headset H390
The Logitech USB Headset H390 is a professional-level headset that goes up against the two brands that have become the staple for such devices, Plantronics and Jabra. It is not a wireless headset and is also not compatible with mobile phones. So you’ll have to be with your laptop/PC all the time. This device is quite pricey but it’s worth the investment. All the thoughts and efforts that went into the making of this device can be seen through how well the microphone works.
- It had excellent noise-canceling on the microphone however the noise cancellation of the headphones is not that great.
- It has plush ear pads which makes it comfortable on the ears.
- The adjustable headband can fit different head sizes and shapes.
- It has inline mute and volume buttons to control the audio input.
- It offers clear and uninterrupted conversations
CORSAIR – HS60 HAPTIC
The groundbreaking Taction technology allows the CORSAIR HS60 HAPTIC Headset to deliver deep haptic bass. The HS60 HAPTIC is compatible with the powerful CORSAIR iCUE software and Windows Sonic which enables 360° audio that puts you right in the middle of the game. The HS60 HAPTIC’s lightweight and durable construction with aluminum yokes give it years of longevity. It has a decent noise-canceling microphone which makes it perfect for gaming and online broadcasting/streaming.
- It has adjustable ear cups which provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay.
- It has an on-ear volume control which allows you to make adjustments to your audio settings without distracting you.
- Its detachable noise-canceling microphone helps your voice come through loud and clear.
- It has custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers.
- It’s lightweight and highly durable.
Bopmen S200 Headsets-7.1 with Environmental Noise-Canceling Boom Microphone
The Bopmen S200 Headset is a gaming headset that enhances the immersive gaming experience. The environmental noise cancellation technology and omnidirectional microphone provide high clarity sound communication for players and filter adjacent noises at the same time. It is perfect for gamers and is compatible with PC/Laptop/Mac, PS4 Console, and other devices with a USB port.
- Its environmental noise cancellation is excellent.
- The boom mics detachable design makes it easy to reach and retract.
- It has an in-line controller
- It has fantastic 7.1 surround sound with high-performance 40mm speakers.
So that’s it! These are the best microphones with noise cancellation that I have found. If you are in a noisy environment, such as a home office with kids running around, you’ll probably need to get a mic with noise-canceling features.
More Gear For Musicians
Josh is the founder and main author of Songwriter Nation. He has played music for over twenty years and even studied music at university earning a minor in music.